St Edward’s Church of England Academy recognizes its legal duty under s175 Education Act 2002 (section 157 in relation to independent schools and academies) and the 1989 and 2004 Children Acts. We take seriously our responsibilities to protect and safeguard the interests of all pupils and we recognize that effective child protection work requires sound procedures, good inter-agency co-operation and a workforce that is competent and confident in responding to child protection situations.
Our procedures aim to provide a framework which ensures that all our practice in regard to safeguarding children is consistent with the stated values and procedures that underpin all work with children and young people. Statutory guidance defines a child as anyone who has not yet reached their 18th birthday.
As part of our procedures all staff undertakes mandatory training including Prevent, Level One Safeguarding and Promoting the Welfare of Children Training and e-Safety.
Helpful safeguarding information for parents and carers:
- How to keep your child safe from going missing leaflet.
- What age can my child start social networking?
- App Game and Online Resources
- Age restrictions for social media platforms and apps 1
- Age restrictions for social media platforms and apps 2
- Age restrictions for social media platforms and apps 3
- Summer safety flyer from Staffs Police Staffs Fire Rescue
Omegle: please be aware that this website allows users the ability to socialize with random strangers without supervision. What you need to know about Omegle:
You can view our Safeguarding Policy here: