Permanent Finance and Support Officer – 37 Hours Per Week / Term Time Only
Salary Range: Grade 7 (SCP 15-22) £25,878 – £29,439 Pro Rata
Actual Salary £22,471 – £25,564
This is a new and exciting opportunity for an individual who is looking to start or further their career in School Business Management. Working alongside the School Business Manager, the successful candidate will organise and deliver effective financial accounting and HR systems across the academy, with full responsibility for the monitoring and booking of all trips and management of the School Fund Account.
Due to the varied nature of this role, applicants must be highly organised, forward thinking, flexible and have the ability to multitask in a dynamic and rewarding environment.
Experience of financial and HR management is a requirement, but not necessarily in an educational setting as full support will be provided by the School Business Manager and Finance/HR team.
The successful candidate will:
- be confident in accounting procedures, including month and year end procedures
- have knowledge and understanding of HR and payroll procedures
- be proficient in using all aspects of excel
- have confidence and competence across a range of ICT systems – a good working knowledge of PS Financial or ParentPay would be advantageous
- be able to work effectively as part of a dynamic team and also demonstrate initiative
- deputise for the School Business Manager
- attend Trust Board Meetings
- work accurately in an organised manner
- have line management experience
- continue their professional development by completing a Level 3 or 5 Apprenticeship qualification in Education Leadership and Management
Visits to the school are welcomed; please contact Bridget Lacey via email on
[email protected] to arrange a school visit or request an application pack.
Closing date for applications: 23rd October 2023 (by 8:00am)
Interviews: week commencing 6th November 2023 Please note: references will be requested prior to interview
Please click the links below for further information:
St Edward’s Church of England Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to our safer recruitment checks, including (but not limited to) an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed.