Leek Education Partnership
The Leek Education Partnership
The following schools are joined with the Leek Education Partnership for 2016, to view individual schools websites please click on their name.
- WESTWOOD COLLEGE of Westwood Park, Leek, Staffordshire ST13 8NP
- CHURNET VIEW MIDDLE SCHOOL of Churnet View, Leek, Staffordshire ST13 6PU
- ST EDWARD’S CHURCH OF ENGLAND ACADEMY of Westwood Road, Leek, Staffordshire ST13 8DN
- LEEK HIGH SCHOOL of Springfield Road, Leek, Staffordshire ST13 6EU
- WOODCROFT FIRST SCHOOL of Wallbridge Drive, Leek, Staffordshire ST13 8JG
- WESTWOOD FIRST SCHOOL of Westwood Road, Leek, Staffordshire ST13 8DL
- ALL SAINTS’ CE (VA) FIRST SCHOOL of Cheadle Road, Leek, Staffordshire ST13 5QY
- LEEK COUNTY FIRST SCHOOL of East Street, Leek, Staffordshire ST13 6LF
- BERESFORD MEMORIAL CE (VA) FIRST SCHOOL of Novi Lane, Leek, Staffordshire ST13 6NR
- ST EDWARD’S CE (C) FIRST SCHOOL of Hollow Lane, Cheddleton, Staffordshire ST13 7HP
- BLACKSHAW MOOR CE (VC) FIRST SCHOOL of Buxton Road, Leek, Staffordshire ST13 6NR
- HORTON LODGE SPECIAL SCHOOL of Rudyard, Leek, Staffordshire ST13 8RB
- SPRINGFIELD COMMUNITY SPECIAL SCHOOL of Springfield Road, Leek, Staffordshire ST13 6LQ
- RUSHTON CE (C) PRIMARY SCHOOL of Sugar Street, Rushton Spencer, Cheshire SK11 0SG
- ST BARTHOLOMEWS PRIMARY SCHOOL of Longnor, Derbyshire SK17 0NZ
- ST MICHAELS CE (C) FIRST SCHOOL of Horton, Leek, Staffordshire ST13 8RU
- THE MEADOWS SPECIAL SCHOOL of Springfield Road, Leek, Staffordshire ST13 6EU
- WATERHOUSES CE (VC) PRIMARY SCHOOL of Waterfall Lane, Waterhouses, Stoke on Trent ST10 3HT
The Leek Education Partnership has as its mission a clear sense of identity and purpose to improve the results for young people by offering a full range of opportunities across the 3-19 age range, with the opportunity to develop programmes of study across all of the schools, for example, by working with Gifted and Talented and Special Needs students by sharing expertise, best practice and resources to achieve best value for money.
1 Specific Objectives
1.1 Teaching and Curriculum
- to strengthen curriculum links to support the ongoing improvement of curriculum delivery and high standards
- to have strategic planning of the curriculum across all of the district and seek to develop a shared sense of identity and a common sense of purpose
- to improve teaching and learning and provide better quality training opportunities for all staff
- to explore the potential of offering joint appointments
- to exploit fully opportunities for continuing professional development of all staff to enable effective sharing of best practice and value for money.
1.2 Achievement of Economics of Scale through joint purchasing of services and resources
- to align purchasing policies within the Leek Education Partnership
- to actively seek opportunities to ensure best value for money in the procurement of goods and services.
1.3 Governance and Strategic Planning
- to share best practice between the governing bodies of each of the participating schools to support the most effective governance
- to achieve strategic short, medium and long term planning across the Leek Education Partnership, in respect of the achievement of improved learning in all of the participating schools
- to achieve effective transition of students between the participating schools.
1.4 Impact within the Wider Community
- to achieve consistent and effective liaison and policies and approaches in working with families and communities, for example with respect to liaising and working with vulnerable families
- to align and develop best practice in respect of effective partnership with families and inclusion
- to develop and explore how the Leek Education Partnership can access extended services for the benefit of all young people attending their schools.
Page last updated 26/09/2016